The Free Readers Ensemble will perform their 20th season at The Nineteenth Century Club! The Free Readers Ensemble is now in partnership with the 19th Century Charitable Association.
All performances will be held at The Nineteenth Century Club (178 Forest Ave. Oak Park, IL) on the third Sunday of every month. All performances are FREE and open to the public. Doors open at 1:45PM. Performances start at 2:00PM. Parking in garage just south of Nineteenth Century Club is FREE on Sundays.
- October 21 - The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, adapted by John McCrite
- November 18 - Don Juan in Hell by George Bernard Shaw
- December 16 - Love, Loss and What I Wore by Nora and Delia Ephron
- January 20 - Dial M for Murder by Frederick Knott
- February 17 - (to be announced)
- March 17 - The Seafarer by Conor McPherson
- April 21 - Four by Inge
- May 19 - Slings and Arrows (Canadian TV program), adapted by Barbara Eulenberg
The Free Readers Ensemble is an actor-based ensemble whose mission is to present diverse theatrical and literary material in a readers theatre format to Oak Park/River Forest and the surrounding communities. While stripping away production values such as sets, props and elaborate costuming, they strive to celebrate the magic of the writers' words; from playwrights and poets to authors and screen writers. Through voice and dramatic interpretation, they hope to bring alive a world of literature to their audiences, while achieving a high standard of consistently entertaining and thought-provoking performances. And, with special regard for their audiences and the community, it is their intent to offer this for free. Free of spirit. Free of restrictions. Free of charge. For more information, please visit www.freereaders.com